The Short Version
The Long Version
Summary: Mark McCormack has over 20 years of progressive sales, marketing and corporate development experience in Internet, communications, media, entertainment and venture capital. During his career, Mark has successful marketed and sold software and services to many of the largest Internet and telecommunications companies in the world. Mark has also successful taken a company public, raised over $160M in financing, and acquired numerous media and technology companies.
- Graduate of Southern Methodist University (Finance) and University of Iowa (MBA)
- First Big Job: AVP of Columbia Capital (DC based VC)
- Operational Experience: Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Corporate Development
- Industry Experience: Media, Communications, Internet, Software, Local Search, Entertainment
- IPOs: Saville Systems
- Fund Raising: Saville Systems ($100M), Intertech ($35M), Voodoovox ($40M)
- Acquisitions: Phonespots, BTSLogic and Logictree
The Long Version
Background: Prior to joining Ideate & Co., Mark was the Chief Marketing Officer of Voodoovox (f/k/a Call Genie), a leading provider of local mobile search and advertising solutions. Prior to Call Genie, he was the EVP of Sales and Marketing for RateIntegration, a pricing and rating company focused on the communications industry. Prior to RateIntegration, Mark was the SVP of Sales and Marketing for Intertech, a billing and customer care company focused on the Internet and telecommunications industries. Prior to Intertech, he was the VP of Corporate Development for Saville Systems, a telecom billing and customer care company. Prior to Saville Systems, Mark was a Vice President at venture firm Columbia Capital in Alexandria, VA and was Responsible for Affiliate Relations at Liberty Media.
Education: Southern Methodist University; University of Iowa